Wednesday, January 30, 2008

You Can Use the Internet for WHAT?!

I recently took a class on visual media and technology and how we as social scientists and public health professionals can use media for health promotion and education. For those who don't know I'm currently pursuing my Master of Public Health degree and I'm very interested in using tools such as social networking, video sites like YouTube and the Internet in general to promote healthy living.

One of the assignments for the class was to develop an original video on a health topic or some public health concern. Last night I finally finished mine and uploaded it to YouTube (a requirement). I wanted to share it and hopefully get some feedback.

A few things: 1. This is my first video editing experience...ever, 2. The class was only a week so couldn't fine tune like I wanted to, 3. I wish I had better camera skills and thus better footage, and 3. I'm a perfectionist so I have to explain my shortcomings before getting to the point...

ciao - KF

Oh, that's not me in the beginning either. That's Nick Freudenberg, DrPH, Distinguished Professor in Urban Public Health. I forgot to add the caption. :(

2 comments:

GoldenSoul said...

I just wanted to say I absolutely love the poem that you recite throughout the video =)

GoldenSoul said...

Sir, I think it's time to update.